JOB TITLE: Freelance Artist Facilitator
TERM: Weekly workshops for adults and children, dependent on experience
FEE: £10 per hour, plus setup and cleanup time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Creative Director
LIAISON WITH: Members of the public, local artists, community groups, Arty Farty SmARTys.
Arty Farty Retreat is a creative space in Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent. All types of creative workshops are taught to both adults and children, along with retreats, exhibitions, parties and one to one tuition and creative therapy. Together, we provide an inspirational space where anyone can create, regardless of ability, age or background, through expression of self we aim to fill our community with opportunities to explore the arts.
Arty Farty Retreat is growing and needs more facilitators for:
- Workshops, including: After school clubs; Life Drawing; Home education classes.
- 1 to 1s. Learn how to teach the Arts Awards and work with children who need extra supper in their creativity.
- Parties on Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
- Outreach workshops in the community. Home education groups, nursing homes and after school clubs.
Purpose of role:
1.To facilitate creative workshops with members of the public who attend.
2.To empower the attendees to find their own style.
3.To work with the Creative Director, ensuring a full workshop is planned and resources are in place.
4.To promote and increase attendance numbers to your workshops with the Creative Director.
The post holder will be required to adhere to the Arty Farty Retreat safeguarding, health and safety and other policies.
– A Passion for the arts and a keen interest in teaching and facilitating arts
– Experience working with both children and adults in a group environment
– A creative eye and an ability to work in a variety of art mediums
– Clear, confident and warm communicator
– Current visual arts practice
– Current DBS
– Full driving license
– Experience with SEN
How to apply
Please send CV and expression of interest to email@example.com
Feel free to direct any enquiries prior to your application to same email address.
Deadline: Until Role is fulfilled
Interviews to take place: ASAP
Role to start ASAP for planning, training and preparation.
We welcome applications from artists of all backgrounds.
Terms and conditions of appointment
The post will be based at the studio in Southborough, Kent, but the nature of outreach work may require the post holder to work offsite. The appointment is subject to Disclosure and Baring Service(DBS) checks and two satisfactory references.